Castelldefels beach is a 5-km-long strip of find sand located around 18 km to the south of the city of Barcelona on the coast of Barcelona, between the delta of the River Llobregat and the chalk rock of the Garraf Natural Park.
500,000 m2 spread over Pineda Beach, Lluminetes Beach, and Apeadero Beach form a flag beach where you can do water sports or activities with children, bathe in the calm waters of the Mediterranean, sunbathe, or just peacefully stroll along the shoreline.
The beach has beach bars, games rooms, sunbeds and sunshades, sporting facilities, sailing and water sports schools, and is equipped with showering facilities, bins, wooden pathways giving access to the sand, play areas for children, lookout posts and seats, sanitary cubicles, and free WiFi along the whole beach.
A renovated promenade with a wide range of leisure options and restaurants where you can sample food with views of the sea or enjoy a night out in a pleasant atmosphere with good music make Castelldefels beach a leisure and gastronomic benchmark on the coastline of Barcelona.
Enjoy your holidays on the beach!
Labels of Quality
The Castelldefels Beach quality certifications:
- UNE ISO 9001:2015
- Quality System UNE ISO 13009:2016
- Blue Flag in Lluminetes, la Pineda and Baixador
- BIOSPHERE certification
- Ecoplayas Flag
- Information on the municipality’s tourist attractions, transport, accommodations, restaurants, sports, maps and cultural events can be found at tourist offices.
- Daily information on the state of the sea, using the standardized flag system, and on water temperature, can be found at Rescue posts, TAVs (Infoplayas) and the town’s website.
- Readings and lending of books and an environment-related cultural programme at the “Carme Romaní” Library.
- Children’s mini-club service.
- Beach bars-restaurants, ice-cream and drinks stands, hammock areas, sunshades and awnings, all of which have a set timetable, opening every day from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sand cleaning service, showers, access and toilets.
- Rescue and lifeguard services throughout the bathing season.
- Bathing assistance service for people with reduced mobility.
- Continuous surveillance and security services.
- Emergency services (092 and 112).
- Public transport: adapted trains and buses all year round.
- User satisfaction surveys are carried out throughout the bathing season to improve the quality of the services offered.
- Blue and green parking areas and parking bays reserved for people with reduced mobility (when duly indicated on the vehicle) all along the promenade and by adapted accesses. Regulated parking on Carrer Mèxic.
- Information service:
- Independent loudspeakers all along the beach, integrated into the advanced lifeguard posts (TAV).
- Updated information in the “El Castell” bulletin, on the municipality’s website and on social networks, on the state of the sea and water, and on sports, culture and leisure activities.
- Municipal and metropolitan information panels located at main access points.
- Environmental information points: An information point regarding the dune ecosystem on Carrer Onze, an environmental information point at Parc de les Dunes and another one at Parc del Mar.
- Two Blue Flag points, one of them at Plaça de les Palmeres and the other one at Carrer Onze.
- Areas for sports and children’s games:
- Areas for children’s games on the sand and within the green spaces located along the beach.
- Stations with equipment for exercising and bodybuilding along the seafront promenade, between Carrer 10 and Parc de les Dunes.
- Beach volleyball courts at: Carrer Veneçuela, Carrer Timó, Carrer Avet, Carrer 514, Av. Banys, Carrer 12, Carrer 13, and Carrer 22.
- Football fields at: Pl. Palmeres, Carrer 4, Carrer Avet and Carrer Mèxic.
- Korfball court on Carrer Ones.
- Authorized area for Kitesurf (summer season)
- Adapted public toilets at the main access points to the beach: Av. República Argentina, Av. dels Banys, Carrer Onze and Carrer 16; public toilets next to the beach bars.
- Showers and footbaths at beach access points.
- Drinking water at main access points to the beach.
- Wooden walkways along the sand with accessible points leading to the water at Av. República Argentina, Av. dels Banys, Carrer Onze and Carrer 16; long walkways at Carrer Ones and Carrer Mèxic.
- Horizontal marker buoys indicating bathing areas all along the municipality’s coast.
- Entry and exit channels for boats at Carrer Mèxic, Carrer Avet, Club Nàutic, Av. Banys, Carrer Onze, Carrer 15 and Club Marítim, and a specific entry and exit channel for Kite-surfing at Carrer 10.